Cartoon Springboard: 15-17 November 2016 Halle (Germany)
The essential step before Cartoon Forum and Cartoon Movie
A new pitching event totally dedicated to young talents in animation
– Dare to create! Propose your new animation project and enter the specialised market better prepared. Be part of the new generation!
– Test and pitch your animation project in front of a panel of experts.
– Get instant practical advice and guidance.
– Learn about detailed budget costs and business plans, best practices, audience engagement, new partnerships…
– Connect with today’s main buyers and producers.
How does it work?
The 2 1/2 days will focus on:
• Didactic presentations by key animation players (broadcasters, distributors, producers, sales agents, digital players).
• Pitches made by animation young talents coming from all over Europe.
The pitches will be appraised by a team of animation and cross-media experts who will advise on content, financing
Who can present a project?
• European young talents who want to develop and test their new animation project or property for the international
market and/or to be distributed on several screens (360 approach).
• Young talents who have graduated from animation schools for a maximum of 5 years.
What kind of project?
• a TV Special (minimum 26 minutes)
• a TV series
• a feature film (minimum 60 minutes)
• an animated project dedicated to cross-media
• short films are NOT accepted
Why should you pitch your project?
It will be a unique opportunity for young talents of animation! In 2 days, you will measure the real maturity of your project, you will know if it is adapted to the needs of broadcasters or to the request of distributors. The experts will point out the strengths and weaknesses of your project, what you need to improve, change or highlight to make your project more consistent and in line with market requirements. To give your project a better chance of existing one day. It will not be easy, but we heartily believe that some will end up one day pitching at Cartoon Forum (TV series), Cartoon Movie (feature films) or Cartoon 360 (cross-media).
Cartoon Springboard targets:
• animation young talents,
• graduated since 5 years maximum,
• those who want to get inspiration and knowledge on new opportunities from a creative and business point of view.
The event is also open to young talents without a project but who have a project in mind for the future and are willing to learn how to pitch and how to better prepare new projects.
The setting and social programme will give all participants the opportunity to exchange and network with a view to entering into new partnerships. In front of the young talents, a panel of renowned experts will help them grow their projects and increase the quality of their concepts: broadcasters, distributors, experienced producers, young producers, digital players.
Schedule and deadlines:
2 September – Closing date for project submission.
12 September – Young talents will be informed whether their project has been selected.
5 October – Participants registration deadline (with project).
21 October – Participants registration deadline (without project).
28 October – Closing date for the submission of technical form (PowerPoints, videos, etc.).
8 November – Schedule of the project pitches. CARTOON will send you the day and time of your pitching session.
15-17 November – Cartoon Springboard in Halle, Germany.
1. Prepare all the required elements (project file, 2 stills, …)
2. Go to www.cartoon-media.eu -> My Cartoon and login or create an account
3. Click on My Projects -> Cartoon Springboard -> Submit a new project
MORE INFORMATION you find here in Toolbox2016: SPRIN16-Halle-Toolbox-8